Friday, November 19, 2010

Please Mrs Butler

Please Mrs Butler

The first book I remember reading along with the infamous Biff, Chip and Kipper series (if your under 30 you'll know what I'm on about) is Please Mrs Butler by Allan Ahlberg. 

The book is filled with school playground poems which every child can relate too. Hours of fun were spent with my mum reading Mrs Butler's Slow Reading Class (well at least ten minutes as the aim is to read the poem as slow as possible!) 


I don't know anyone else who has every read this book, the amount of times i've made a joke about being in Mr's Butlers class and no one has a clue what i'm on about! Surely there are people who love this book as much as i  do, i still have my copy, and am looking forward to the day i can share it with my children. I used to read lots of poems as a child, however i haven't continued to as an adult. Perhaps a poetry book will be my next purchase.

I can't believe people are willing to sell their copy of Please Mrs Butler for a penny! Never mind this is a classic children's book, but really is it honestly worth the effort of selling it for a penny?


1 comment: